Southerly winds and 90 degrees Fahrenheit weather brought some arrivals to the Morris and Somerset County area today.
- Black-and-white Warblers have arrived as of yesterday and today in the Great Swamp.
- Blue-gray Gnatcatchers increased in numbers.
- Morris County’s first Chimney Swift of 2012 appeared yesterday at the Great Swamp. Thanks to Matt Bango and Jim Mulvey for reporting the above reports to eBird.
- A modest influx of Savannah Sparrows appeared in the Great Swamp near the Fenske Vistor’s Center this morning.
- Jeff Ellerbusch reports the MoCoSoCo region’s first Marsh Wren of 2012 in Lord Stirling Park this evening.