The following new and continuing arrivals were at Pleasant Plains Road in the Great Swamp N.W.R today:
- House Wren
- Common Yellowthroat
- Yellow-throated Vireo
- Warbling Vireo *
- Prairie Warbler *
- Blue-winged Warbler *
- Orchard Oriole
- Increasing numbers of Yellow Warblers and Gray Catbirds.
Thanks to Simon Lane and Harvey Tomlinson for the reports from The Swamp.
(* = 1st Morris County record for 2012)
- Orchard Orioles were heard singing in Hillsborough Township today.
- Jeff Ellerbusch had a flyover Common Loon at Glenhurst Meadows this morning.
- Last evening, April 19, Jamie Glydon found Morris County’s first Spotted Sandpiper of 2012 at the Columbia Turnpike Fields in Florham Park.
- Yesterday at Glenhurst Meadows in Warren Township, Harvey Tomlinson heard a Red-headed Woodpecker drumming and doing its “queah” calls down by the Passaic River.