From Thom Almendinger:
All from Duke Farms;
25 plus Fox Sparrows in floodplain,
9 White-crowned Sparrows, many Swamp and Savannah Sparrows
7 Ruddy Ducks, 15 Ring-necked Ducks, 13 Green-winged Teal, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, adult Bald Eagle
Around a dozen Harriers, several Kestrels.
Noted during the day completing other storm related tasks.
Editor’s Note: The Orientation Center and surrounding trails of Duke Farms are open on the south side of Duke Parkway West. Due to the storm, the Core of the estate on the north side remains closed until further notice. See http://www.facebook.com/visitdukefarms for updates.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Pine Siskin, American Pipits, Oct. 6, 2015
- Announcing the Great Swamp Big Sit on Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015
- Great Cormorant, Common Loons, etc. – Oct. 3, 2015
- Birding Week in Review, Oldest Herring Gull, Lunar Eclipse – Sep. 27, 2015
- Birding Week in Review – Sept. 20, 2015
- Western Kingbird continues in Whippany, Sep. 14, 2015
- Western Kingbird in Whippany, Sep. 13, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr