From Thom Almendinger:
All from Duke Farms;
25 plus Fox Sparrows in floodplain,
9 White-crowned Sparrows, many Swamp and Savannah Sparrows
7 Ruddy Ducks, 15 Ring-necked Ducks, 13 Green-winged Teal, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, adult Bald Eagle
Around a dozen Harriers, several Kestrels.
Noted during the day completing other storm related tasks.
Editor’s Note: The Orientation Center and surrounding trails of Duke Farms are open on the south side of Duke Parkway West. Due to the storm, the Core of the estate on the north side remains closed until further notice. See http://www.facebook.com/visitdukefarms for updates.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Friday Bird Notes; a Birder’s Passing, Dec. 19, 2014
- Southwest Morris Winter Bird Count to be held on Jan. 18, 2015
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Lesser Black-backed Gull at Budd Lake, Dec. 16, 2014
- Greater White-fronted Goose at Budd Lake, Dec. 15, 2014
- Red-necked Grebe, Sunday Bird Notes, Dec. 14, 2014
- Long-tailed Duck, Common Redpolls, Tundra Swans, etc., Dec. 13, 2014
- The eBird Hotspot Primer, Dec. 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr