From Thom Almendinger:
All from Duke Farms;
25 plus Fox Sparrows in floodplain,
9 White-crowned Sparrows, many Swamp and Savannah Sparrows
7 Ruddy Ducks, 15 Ring-necked Ducks, 13 Green-winged Teal, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, adult Bald Eagle
Around a dozen Harriers, several Kestrels.
Noted during the day completing other storm related tasks.
Editor’s Note: The Orientation Center and surrounding trails of Duke Farms are open on the south side of Duke Parkway West. Due to the storm, the Core of the estate on the north side remains closed until further notice. See http://www.facebook.com/visitdukefarms for updates.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Am. Golden Plover, Red-headed Woodpecker, etc. – Aug. 29, 2015
- Friday Bird Notes – Aug. 28, 2015
- Migration, Mid-week Bird Notes – Aug. 26, 2015
- Saturday Bird Notes – Aug. 22, 2015
- Tricolored Heron, Caspian Terns, other Bird Notes – Aug. 18, 2015
- Monday Bird Notes – Aug. 10, 2015
- Friday Bird Notes, Aug. 7, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr