Jeff Ellerbusch eBirded 3 White-winged Crossbills from the Chimney Rock Hawkwatch platform this afternoon. 70 Pine Siskins were also flyovers.
The Long-billed Dowitcher, found on Nov. 10 and seen on Nov. 11 and 12, was not seen this afternoon at Loantaka Brook Reservation.
By late afternoon, there wasn’t much at Boonton Reservoir (25 Ring-billed Gulls) and Lake Parsipanny had a lone Common Loon with a handfull of Ring-billed Gulls and one Herring Gull. Even the usual Mute Swans and Canada Geese were not seen.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- How many Sandhill Cranes?, Nov. 21, 2014
- Canvasbacks and other ducks, Nov. 19, 2014
- 4 Sandhill Cranes in Franklin Township, Nov. 18, 2014
- Sunday Bird Notes, Nov. 16, 2014
- Chimney Rock Hawk Watch – Season Stats 2014, Nov. 16, 2014
- 19 Raptors as Season Ends at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Nov. 15, 2014
- Season Finale (66 Raptors) at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Nov. 15, 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr