Jeff Ellerbusch eBirded 3 White-winged Crossbills from the Chimney Rock Hawkwatch platform this afternoon. 70 Pine Siskins were also flyovers.
The Long-billed Dowitcher, found on Nov. 10 and seen on Nov. 11 and 12, was not seen this afternoon at Loantaka Brook Reservation.
By late afternoon, there wasn’t much at Boonton Reservoir (25 Ring-billed Gulls) and Lake Parsipanny had a lone Common Loon with a handfull of Ring-billed Gulls and one Herring Gull. Even the usual Mute Swans and Canada Geese were not seen.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Saturday Bird Notes, Jan. 31, 2015
- Winter Roadside Birding, Jan. 30, 2015
- Tuesday Bird Notes, Jan. 27, 2015
- Sunday Bird Notes, Jan. 25, 2015
- Snow Day Bird Notes: American Pipits, Long-tailed Ducks, Jan. 24, 2015
- Southwest Morris Winter Bird Count Results, Jan. 23, 2015
- Recent Bird Reports; a word about Owls, Jan. 20, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr