Jeff Ellerbusch eBirded 3 White-winged Crossbills from the Chimney Rock Hawkwatch platform this afternoon. 70 Pine Siskins were also flyovers.
The Long-billed Dowitcher, found on Nov. 10 and seen on Nov. 11 and 12, was not seen this afternoon at Loantaka Brook Reservation.
By late afternoon, there wasn’t much at Boonton Reservoir (25 Ring-billed Gulls) and Lake Parsipanny had a lone Common Loon with a handfull of Ring-billed Gulls and one Herring Gull. Even the usual Mute Swans and Canada Geese were not seen.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rough-legged Hawks, other field notes, Feb. 27, 2015
- Ducks of Duke Island Park, Feb. 26, 2015
- Sandhill Cranes, Ducks, Feb. 25, 2015
- Ducks in the Raritan River, Feb. 24, 2015
- Monday Bird Notes, Feb. 23, 2015
- The Somerset Rough-legged Hawk Report, Feb. 19, 2015
- Canvasback and Redheads; Other Field Notes, Feb. 18, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr