Jeff Ellerbusch eBirded 3 White-winged Crossbills from the Chimney Rock Hawkwatch platform this afternoon. 70 Pine Siskins were also flyovers.
The Long-billed Dowitcher, found on Nov. 10 and seen on Nov. 11 and 12, was not seen this afternoon at Loantaka Brook Reservation.
By late afternoon, there wasn’t much at Boonton Reservoir (25 Ring-billed Gulls) and Lake Parsipanny had a lone Common Loon with a handfull of Ring-billed Gulls and one Herring Gull. Even the usual Mute Swans and Canada Geese were not seen.
Search the archives
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Golden Eagle, 47 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ Oct. 22, 2014
- 135 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 21, 2014
- Christmas Count Dates; Tuesday Bird Notes, Oct. 21, 2014
- 8 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 21, 2014
- 70 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 20, 2014
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr