It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Morris Lakes, Sandhill Cranes, Rough-legged Hawk, AOU Proposals, Nov. 22, 2014
- How many Sandhill Cranes?, Nov. 21, 2014
- Canvasbacks and other ducks, Nov. 19, 2014
- 4 Sandhill Cranes in Franklin Township, Nov. 18, 2014
- Sunday Bird Notes, Nov. 16, 2014
- Chimney Rock Hawk Watch – Season Stats 2014, Nov. 16, 2014
- 19 Raptors as Season Ends at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Nov. 15, 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr