It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
Search the archives
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- 385 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 19, 2014
- 29 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 19, 2014
- Eastern Meadowlark, Orange-crowned Warbler, Sunday Bird Notes, Oct. 19, 2014
- 247 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 18, 2014
- 40 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 18, 2014
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr