It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Sandhill Cranes in Somerset Co. – Nov. 25, 2015
- Franklin’s Gulls at Budd Lake – Nov. 13, 2015
- Christmas Bird Count Dates in Morris and Somerset, 2015
- Cattle Egret in Franklin Twp. – Nov. 8, 2015
- Blue Gray Gnatcatcher, other Bird Notes – Nov. 6, 2015
- Crested Caracara, Saturday Bird Notes, Oct. 31, 2015
- Surf Scoters, Eastern Meadowlarks, Vesper Sparrows – Oct. 27, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr