It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
Search the archives
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- (another) Golden Eagle, 22 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 23, 2014
- Golden Eagle, 47 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ Oct. 22, 2014
- 135 Raptors at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 21, 2014
- Christmas Count Dates; Tuesday Bird Notes, Oct. 21, 2014
- 8 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 21, 2014
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr