It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Friday Bird Notes; a Birder’s Passing, Dec. 19, 2014
- Southwest Morris Winter Bird Count to be held on Jan. 18, 2015
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Lesser Black-backed Gull at Budd Lake, Dec. 16, 2014
- Greater White-fronted Goose at Budd Lake, Dec. 15, 2014
- Red-necked Grebe, Sunday Bird Notes, Dec. 14, 2014
- Long-tailed Duck, Common Redpolls, Tundra Swans, etc., Dec. 13, 2014
- The eBird Hotspot Primer, Dec. 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr