It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Tuesday Bird Notes, Jan. 27, 2015
- Sunday Bird Notes, Jan. 25, 2015
- Snow Day Bird Notes: American Pipits, Long-tailed Ducks, Jan. 24, 2015
- Southwest Morris Winter Bird Count Results, Jan. 23, 2015
- Recent Bird Reports; a word about Owls, Jan. 20, 2015
- Somerset Geese Update, Jan. 16, 2015
- Waterfowl on the Raritan, Jan. 15, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr