Simon Lane found 2 Redheads this morning at the pond on Tanglewood Lane in Chatham Township. This is the road to the township recycling center. 8 Buffleheads were also present. A visit late in the morning by this author did not turn up the Redheads. 4 Northern Shovelers, 16 Ring-necked Ducks, 8 Buffleheads and 10 Hooded Mergansers were present.
A cold and blustery Split Rock Reservoir in Rockaway Township held a raft of approximately 900 Common Mergansers this morning. The Common Mergansers were in the center portion of the reservoir. 260 Ruddy Ducks were in their usual place near the western end of the reservoir. 1 Herring and three Ring-billed Gulls were the only other birds found.
Search the archives
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Orange-crowned Warblers continue; Social media, Oct. 29, 2014
- Golden Eagle (3rd day in a row), 37 Raptors, Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 29, 2014
- 117 Raptors (incl. Golden Eagle) at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 28, 2014
- Orange-crowned Warblers at Glenhurst Meadows, Oct. 28, 2014
- Western Kingbird at Lord Stirling Park, Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014
- Golden Eagle at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ; Totals for Oct. 26-27, 2014
- 8 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 26, 2014
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr