Simon Lane found 2 Redheads this morning at the pond on Tanglewood Lane in Chatham Township. This is the road to the township recycling center. 8 Buffleheads were also present. A visit late in the morning by this author did not turn up the Redheads. 4 Northern Shovelers, 16 Ring-necked Ducks, 8 Buffleheads and 10 Hooded Mergansers were present.
A cold and blustery Split Rock Reservoir in Rockaway Township held a raft of approximately 900 Common Mergansers this morning. The Common Mergansers were in the center portion of the reservoir. 260 Ruddy Ducks were in their usual place near the western end of the reservoir. 1 Herring and three Ring-billed Gulls were the only other birds found.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Friday Bird Notes; a Birder’s Passing, Dec. 19, 2014
- Southwest Morris Winter Bird Count to be held on Jan. 18, 2015
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Lesser Black-backed Gull at Budd Lake, Dec. 16, 2014
- Greater White-fronted Goose at Budd Lake, Dec. 15, 2014
- Red-necked Grebe, Sunday Bird Notes, Dec. 14, 2014
- Long-tailed Duck, Common Redpolls, Tundra Swans, etc., Dec. 13, 2014
- The eBird Hotspot Primer, Dec. 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr