Simon Lane found 2 Redheads this morning at the pond on Tanglewood Lane in Chatham Township. This is the road to the township recycling center. 8 Buffleheads were also present. A visit late in the morning by this author did not turn up the Redheads. 4 Northern Shovelers, 16 Ring-necked Ducks, 8 Buffleheads and 10 Hooded Mergansers were present.
A cold and blustery Split Rock Reservoir in Rockaway Township held a raft of approximately 900 Common Mergansers this morning. The Common Mergansers were in the center portion of the reservoir. 260 Ruddy Ducks were in their usual place near the western end of the reservoir. 1 Herring and three Ring-billed Gulls were the only other birds found.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Announcing the Great Swamp Big Sit on Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015
- Great Cormorant, Common Loons, etc. – Oct. 3, 2015
- Birding Week in Review, Oldest Herring Gull, Lunar Eclipse – Sep. 27, 2015
- Birding Week in Review – Sept. 20, 2015
- Western Kingbird continues in Whippany, Sep. 14, 2015
- Western Kingbird in Whippany, Sep. 13, 2015
- Weekend Bird Notes – Sep. 12, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr