Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Monday Bird Notes, etc. – June 29, 2015
- NJAS All Things Birds Trip at Mahlon Dickerson Reservation – June 27, 2015
- Rockaway River WMA, Wednesday Bird Notes – June 24, 2015
- Great Blue Herons, Monday Bird Notes – June 22, 2015
- Weekend Bird Notes, Summer Solstice – June 21, 2015
- Black-crowned Night-Herons in Somerset Co.; eBird Mobile – June 18, 2015
- Cliff Swallows, Monday Bird Notes – June 15, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr