Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- A season at an end?, May 26, 2015
- Mourning Warblers, Sunday Bird Notes, May 24, 2015
- Kentucky Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, May 23, 2015
- Mourning Warbler, May 22, 2015
- Olive-sided Flycatcher, Mourning Warbler, May 20, 2015
- Olive-sided Flycatcher, May 19, 2015
- Mourning Warbler, Monday Bird Notes, May 18, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr