Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Sunday Bird Notes, Nov. 23, 2014
- Morris Lakes, Sandhill Cranes, Rough-legged Hawk, AOU Proposals, Nov. 22, 2014
- How many Sandhill Cranes?, Nov. 21, 2014
- Canvasbacks and other ducks, Nov. 19, 2014
- 4 Sandhill Cranes in Franklin Township, Nov. 18, 2014
- Sunday Bird Notes, Nov. 16, 2014
- Chimney Rock Hawk Watch – Season Stats 2014, Nov. 16, 2014
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr