Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Friday Bird and Butterfly Notes – July 31, 2015
- Weekend Bird and Butterfly Notes – July 26, 2015
- The Pits and Walker Ave. Wetlands – July, 23, 2015
- Birds and Water Chestnut (Trapa natans) – July 18, 2015
- Shorebirds – July 17, 2015
- Common Gallinules – July 16, 2015
- Summer Bird Notes, Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr