Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
Search the archives
Follow mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Orange-crowned Warblers continue; Social media, Oct. 29, 2014
- Golden Eagle (3rd day in a row), 37 Raptors, Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 29, 2014
- 117 Raptors (incl. Golden Eagle) at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ, Oct. 28, 2014
- Orange-crowned Warblers at Glenhurst Meadows, Oct. 28, 2014
- Western Kingbird at Lord Stirling Park, Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014
- Golden Eagle at Chimney Rock, Martinsville, NJ; Totals for Oct. 26-27, 2014
- 8 Raptors at Wildcat Ridge, Hibernia, NJ, Oct. 26, 2014
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr