Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Red-throated Loons, Grebes, Apr. 20, 2015
- Sunday Bird Notes, Apr. 19, 2015
- Saturday Bird Notes, Apr. 18, 2015
- Yellow-throated Warbler at Glenhurst Meadows, April 17, 2015
- A Day for Toads, Thursday Bird Notes, Apr. 16, 2015
- Bonaparte’s Gulls, Red-necked Grebe, other bird notes, Apr. 15, 2015
- Purple Finches, Yellow Warbler, etc., Apr. 14, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr