Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Monday Bird Notes, etc. – June 29, 2015
- NJAS All Things Birds Trip at Mahlon Dickerson Reservation – June 27, 2015
- Rockaway River WMA, Wednesday Bird Notes – June 24, 2015
- Great Blue Herons, Monday Bird Notes – June 22, 2015
- Weekend Bird Notes, Summer Solstice – June 21, 2015
- Black-crowned Night-Herons in Somerset Co.; eBird Mobile – June 18, 2015
- Cliff Swallows, Monday Bird Notes – June 15, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr