Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Friday Bird and Butterfly Notes – July 31, 2015
- Weekend Bird and Butterfly Notes – July 26, 2015
- The Pits and Walker Ave. Wetlands – July, 23, 2015
- Birds and Water Chestnut (Trapa natans) – July 18, 2015
- Shorebirds – July 17, 2015
- Common Gallinules – July 16, 2015
- Summer Bird Notes, Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr