mocosocoBirds publishes reports of interesting birds and nature-related happenings in the New Jersey counties of Morris and Somerset. Why these two counties? Northern Somerset and southern Morris counties could secede and become a separate county, they are that similar in habitat, economic demographic and location. Those who live in one of these counties invariably spends time in the other. A case in point: the author of this blog, Jonathan Klizas, lives in Morris County and teaches in Somerset County and spends a lot of time birding in both.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 85th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2020
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr