Jamie Glydon found a Glossy Ibis at Melanie Lane Pond in Hanover Township early this evening. The Ibis flushed, was seen in flight and then landed in vegetation where it was difficult to relocate it. This is only the third known record in recent years of Glossy Ibis in Morris County with those reports coming from the Great Swamp. 6 Killdeer and a Spotted Sandpiper were also present.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Eurasian Wigeon at Troy Meadows, came and went – Mar. 23, 2021
- The 85th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2020
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr