Simon Lane found 2 Redheads this morning at the pond on Tanglewood Lane in Chatham Township. This is the road to the township recycling center. 8 Buffleheads were also present. A visit late in the morning by this author did not turn up the Redheads. 4 Northern Shovelers, 16 Ring-necked Ducks, 8 Buffleheads and 10 Hooded Mergansers were present.
A cold and blustery Split Rock Reservoir in Rockaway Township held a raft of approximately 900 Common Mergansers this morning. The Common Mergansers were in the center portion of the reservoir. 260 Ruddy Ducks were in their usual place near the western end of the reservoir. 1 Herring and three Ring-billed Gulls were the only other birds found.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park Update – May 27, 2017
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park, Somerset County – May 26, 2017
- Bird Migration Radar – May 17, 2017
- May Birds: Migrants and Gulls – May 13, 2017
- Black-bellied Whistling-Duck at Great Swamp NWR – May 5, 2017
- Birds of April Wrap-up – Apr. 30 2017
- Gulls on Opie Road, Hillsborough Twp. – Apr.25, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr