Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds of Mahlon Dickerson Reservation – May 22, 2016
- Prothonotary Warbler at Lincoln Park – May 21, 2016
- Mourning Warbler, Shorebirds in Morris – May 17, 2016
- Weekend Bird Migration – May 15, 2016
- Raptor Trust Benefit: May 22, 2016
- Bobolinks, Whip-poor-wills and a Birder Passes – May 9, 2016
- Bird Migration Fallout – May 8, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr