Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Eurasian Wigeon in Morris – Feb. 4, 2018
- Snowy Owl and other birds – Jan. 22, 2017
- Birds of the New Year – Jan. 7, 2018
- Pink-footed Goose, Rough-legged Hawks – Dec. 29, 2017
- The 82nd Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2017
- December Birds, Christmas Bird Count Info – Dec. 14, 2017
- 2017 New Jersey Bald Eagle Report – Dec. 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr