Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black Tern continues at Lincoln Park – Sept.12, 2016
- Black Tern at the Lincoln Park Gravel Pits – Sept. 11, 2016
- Black Tern at Lincoln Park
- Buff-breasted Sandpipers, Common Gallinule, Yellow-breasted Chat – Sept. 10, 2016
- Sandpipers in Morris County – Sept. 9, 2016
- August Birds Wrap-up – Aug. 30, 2016
- Birds on the Water Chestnut Mat – Aug 15, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr