Simon Lane refound the Greater White-fronted Goose at the VA Hospital in Lyons early this afternoon. Jim Gilbert first reported the goose on December 29. Viewing is on Valley Road looking through the chain-link fence onto the VA’s golf course.
There is a report of a light-phase Rough-legged Hawk this morning near the Orientation Center of Duke Farms on Duke Parkway West in Hillsborough Township. This makes the third report of Rough-legged Hawks in the mocosocoBirds region today. The other two are from the Great Swamp:
1st Rough-legged Hawk.
2nd Rough-legged Hawk.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds on the Water Chestnut Mat – Aug 15, 2016
- Summer Birds in Morris and Somerset – Aug. 8, 2016
- Common Gallinules, Little Blue Heron – July 15, 2016
- Red-headed Woodpeckers – July 6, 2016
- Pine Siskin and Red-breasted Nuthatches – June 30, 2016
- Yellow-throated Warbler, other bird notes – June 22, 2016
- Sunday Bird Notes and a Geography Lesson – June 12, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr