After being undetected in the morning, various reports of light-phase Rough-legged Hawks circulated in the Great Swamp N.W.R. this afternoon. One sighting was at the overlook and another flying across White Bridge Road. Simon Lane managed to pin down a light-phase in the field opposite the abandoned concrete building on White Bridge Road.
2 Sandhill Cranes were viewed from Randolph Road by Jeff Ellerbusch. 6,500 Canada Geese, 6 Cackling Geese, 2 Snow Geese and a curious small immature white goose in need of further study were at Selody Sod Farm in Montgomery Township.
A Horned Grebe was at Boonton Reservoir along with 2 Pied-billed Grebes, 2 Common Loons, 2 Red-breasted Mergansers, Green-winged Teal, Ring-necked Ducks, Hooded Mergansers and Buffleheads.
American Pipits have been along Pleasant Plains Rd. the past few days, including today. Jim Mulvey photographed this loner at the back end of the Fenske Visitor Center’s parking lot.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black Tern continues at Lincoln Park – Sept.12, 2016
- Black Tern at the Lincoln Park Gravel Pits – Sept. 11, 2016
- Black Tern at Lincoln Park
- Buff-breasted Sandpipers, Common Gallinule, Yellow-breasted Chat – Sept. 10, 2016
- Sandpipers in Morris County – Sept. 9, 2016
- August Birds Wrap-up – Aug. 30, 2016
- Birds on the Water Chestnut Mat – Aug 15, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr