6 Common Redpolls called as they flew over the old bridge at the north end of Boonton Reservoir this morning. The water is mostly frozen with some open patches near the island (viewed from the south end) where some Canada Geese, Am. Coot and Ring-necked Ducks were barely visible. No gulls were seen.
Lake Parsippany froze over night. There was not a bird in sight.
Jamie Glydon located some of the Horned Larks and American Pipits in the corn stubble fields behind the Long Valley Middle School on CR513.
2 uncommon species for the Raritan River in Hillsborough Township were found today. 2 drake Red-breasted Mergansers were reported from the South Branch near Opie Road’s east bridge. Jeff Ellerbusch later found a Common Loon seen from River Road in the Raritan River in the vicinity of Duke Island Park.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yellow-throated and Orange-crowned Warblers – Oct. 21, 2016
- Eurasian Wigeon, Brant, Great Cormorant – Oct. 19, 2016
- Mid-October Birds – Oct. 16, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler in Lincoln Park, Other Bird News – Oct. 12, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler and October Birds – Oct. 8, 2016
- Autumn Birds – Oct. 3, 2016
- Black Tern continues at Lincoln Park – Sept.12, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr