Thom Almendinger found a light morph Rough-legged Hawk (RLHA) this morning on Opie Road in Branchburg Township. The latest known record of the Bedminster RLHA (Rattlesnake Bridge Road) is February 25. We are reaching the end of the wintering RLHA season for 2013 and every record is valuable for documenting the departure dates for this species.
Mike Wolfe found the continuing Lesser Black-backed Gull on Budd Lake this afternoon.
On the JerseyBirds listserv, Dan Brill reports a first-winter Iceland Gull at Mt. Hope Pond in Rockaway Township.
Kevin Browne eBirded 2 Red-breasted Merganser drakes from Lake Parsippany. Also recorded were 1 Gadwall, 7 Redheads, 92 Ring-necked Ducks, 17 Lesser Scaup, 6 Hooded Mergansers, 87 Common Mergansers and 12 Ruddy Ducks.
A partial walk of the towpath at the D&R Canal State Park in Franklin Township showed continuing Common Goldeneye (6), 12 Lesser Scaup, 2 Bufflehead, 10 Common Merganser and 2 Red-breasted Merganser.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
- Redheads, and the 2019 NJ Bald Eagle Report – Jan. 16, 2020
- The Emerald Ash Borer and Morris County Parks – Jan. 11, 2020
- Updated Totals for 2019 Boonton CBC: 96 Species
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr