Thom Almendinger found a light morph Rough-legged Hawk (RLHA) this morning on Opie Road in Branchburg Township. The latest known record of the Bedminster RLHA (Rattlesnake Bridge Road) is February 25. We are reaching the end of the wintering RLHA season for 2013 and every record is valuable for documenting the departure dates for this species.
Mike Wolfe found the continuing Lesser Black-backed Gull on Budd Lake this afternoon.
On the JerseyBirds listserv, Dan Brill reports a first-winter Iceland Gull at Mt. Hope Pond in Rockaway Township.
Kevin Browne eBirded 2 Red-breasted Merganser drakes from Lake Parsippany. Also recorded were 1 Gadwall, 7 Redheads, 92 Ring-necked Ducks, 17 Lesser Scaup, 6 Hooded Mergansers, 87 Common Mergansers and 12 Ruddy Ducks.
A partial walk of the towpath at the D&R Canal State Park in Franklin Township showed continuing Common Goldeneye (6), 12 Lesser Scaup, 2 Bufflehead, 10 Common Merganser and 2 Red-breasted Merganser.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 87th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2022
- Eurasian Marsh-Harrier in Morris County, NJ, Nov., 2022
- Volunteer Chimney Swift Roost Monitoring – April, 2022
- Old Boonton – Mar. 26, 2022
- The 86th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2021
- Tufted Duck in Morris County – found on Nov. 22, 2021
- Dickcissels in Parsippany – Oct. 6, 2021
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr