mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Redheads, and the 2019 NJ Bald Eagle Report – Jan. 16, 2020
- The Emerald Ash Borer and Morris County Parks – Jan. 11, 2020
- Updated Totals for 2019 Boonton CBC: 96 Species
- The 84th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2019
- NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife: Piping Plover/Beach Nesting Birds 2019 Management Reports – Nov. 7, 2019
- Yellow Rail at Great Swamp NWR on Oct. 25, 2019
- eBird tidying up and a request – Sept. 26, 2019
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr
The immature dark morph Rough-legged Hawk at Rattlesnake Bridge Road in Bedminster Township was viewed by Jeff Ellerbusch this morning. It seems like two weeks passed since this individual was reported.
Lake Parsippany held a fair number of ducks late today. A season’s high of at least 500 Common Mergansers were spread throughout the entire lake. The seven Redheads (4 drakes, 3 hens) remain in the Aythya raft which includes 85 Ring-necked Ducks and 15 Lesser Scaup. 3 Common Goldeneye drakes were almost missed among the many Common Mergansers in the fading light. 1 Northern Shoveler, 12 Bufflehead, 12 Hooded Mergansers 5 Ruddy Ducks, 4 American Coot as well as the usual 200 Canada Geese and 150 or so Ring-billed Gulls round out the totals on the lake. This is the best diversity on the lake in 2013.