A Short-billed Dowitcher was found at Glenhurst Meadows this morning by Jim Mulvey. It was still in the northwest pond at dusk. This is the second Short-billed Dowitcher in Somerset County this month, with the first on August 14 at Negri-Nepote. This is newsworthy because Short-billed Dowitcher is rare in both Morris and Somerset Counties.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
- Redheads, and the 2019 NJ Bald Eagle Report – Jan. 16, 2020
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr