From Thom Almendinger:
All from Duke Farms;
25 plus Fox Sparrows in floodplain,
9 White-crowned Sparrows, many Swamp and Savannah Sparrows
7 Ruddy Ducks, 15 Ring-necked Ducks, 13 Green-winged Teal, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, adult Bald Eagle
Around a dozen Harriers, several Kestrels.
Noted during the day completing other storm related tasks.
Editor’s Note: The Orientation Center and surrounding trails of Duke Farms are open on the south side of Duke Parkway West. Due to the storm, the Core of the estate on the north side remains closed until further notice. See http://www.facebook.com/visitdukefarms for updates.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yellow-throated and Orange-crowned Warblers – Oct. 21, 2016
- Eurasian Wigeon, Brant, Great Cormorant – Oct. 19, 2016
- Mid-October Birds – Oct. 16, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler in Lincoln Park, Other Bird News – Oct. 12, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler and October Birds – Oct. 8, 2016
- Autumn Birds – Oct. 3, 2016
- Black Tern continues at Lincoln Park – Sept.12, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr