Jeff Ellerbusch eBirded 3 White-winged Crossbills from the Chimney Rock Hawkwatch platform this afternoon. 70 Pine Siskins were also flyovers.
The Long-billed Dowitcher, found on Nov. 10 and seen on Nov. 11 and 12, was not seen this afternoon at Loantaka Brook Reservation.
By late afternoon, there wasn’t much at Boonton Reservoir (25 Ring-billed Gulls) and Lake Parsipanny had a lone Common Loon with a handfull of Ring-billed Gulls and one Herring Gull. Even the usual Mute Swans and Canada Geese were not seen.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Mid-January Birds – Jan. 13, 2017
- Mew Gull in Somerset County not refound – Jan. 4, 2017
- Mew Gull in Somerset Co. – Jan. 3, 2017
- Geese, Cranes and a Wren – Jan. 1, 2017
- Pink-footed Goose, Rock Wren in Somerset Co. – Dec. 30, 2016
- The 81st Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2016
- Rock Wren continues in Somerset Co. – Dec. 27, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr