It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Eurasian Wigeon in Morris – Feb. 4, 2018
- Snowy Owl and other birds – Jan. 22, 2017
- Birds of the New Year – Jan. 7, 2018
- Pink-footed Goose, Rough-legged Hawks – Dec. 29, 2017
- The 82nd Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2017
- December Birds, Christmas Bird Count Info – Dec. 14, 2017
- 2017 New Jersey Bald Eagle Report – Dec. 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr