It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds, everywhere – Sep. 9, 2019
- White Ibis at Troy Meadows in Morris Co. – Sep. 7, 2017
- Birds and insects in out-of-the-way places – Aug. 31, 2017
- Lark Sparrow in Somerset Co.; migration notes – Aug. 24, 2017
- Buff-breasted Sandpiper in Morris County – Aug. 22, 2017
- Birds of August – Aug. 19, 2017
- Black-necked Stilt in Morris Co., – July 28, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr