It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Clay-colored Sparrow, Northern Shrike, Surf Scoter, others – Oct. 26, 2016
- Yellow-throated and Orange-crowned Warblers – Oct. 21, 2016
- Eurasian Wigeon, Brant, Great Cormorant – Oct. 19, 2016
- Mid-October Birds – Oct. 16, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler in Lincoln Park, Other Bird News – Oct. 12, 2016
- Connecticut Warbler and October Birds – Oct. 8, 2016
- Autumn Birds – Oct. 3, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr