It was a quiet closing to the Thanksgiving weekend in our area on this Sunday. One each of Red and White-winged Crossbills, vocalizing flyovers, along with a Pine Siskin were heard at Chimney Rock by Jeff Ellerbusch, Simon Lane and me. A continuing Winter Wren was also heard.
Jamie Glydon relocated the two Red-breasted Mergansers at Lake Parsippany. These are probably the same two seen on Nov. 23.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park Update – May 27, 2017
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park, Somerset County – May 26, 2017
- Bird Migration Radar – May 17, 2017
- May Birds: Migrants and Gulls – May 13, 2017
- Black-bellied Whistling-Duck at Great Swamp NWR – May 5, 2017
- Birds of April Wrap-up – Apr. 30 2017
- Gulls on Opie Road, Hillsborough Twp. – Apr.25, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr