Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Mid-January Birds – Jan. 13, 2017
- Mew Gull in Somerset County not refound – Jan. 4, 2017
- Mew Gull in Somerset Co. – Jan. 3, 2017
- Geese, Cranes and a Wren – Jan. 1, 2017
- Pink-footed Goose, Rock Wren in Somerset Co. – Dec. 30, 2016
- The 81st Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2016
- Rock Wren continues in Somerset Co. – Dec. 27, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr