Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black Tern continues at Lincoln Park – Sept.12, 2016
- Black Tern at the Lincoln Park Gravel Pits – Sept. 11, 2016
- Black Tern at Lincoln Park
- Buff-breasted Sandpipers, Common Gallinule, Yellow-breasted Chat – Sept. 10, 2016
- Sandpipers in Morris County – Sept. 9, 2016
- August Birds Wrap-up – Aug. 30, 2016
- Birds on the Water Chestnut Mat – Aug 15, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr