Somerset County, especially Bridgewater Township, is strengthening its hold on the title of Cackling Goose Capital of New Jersey. Jeff Ellerbusch had the same 10 Cackling Geese at Duke Island Park that he found on Dec. 24. They are keeping to groups of 7 and 3. The Cackling Geese are keeping company with 2,500 Canada Geese on the grounds of the park.
Scattered reports of Common Redpolls continue to appear in the mocosocoBirds area. A Common Redpoll was calling as it flew over the peak of 700 ft. high Mt. Kemble in Jockey Hollow, Harding Township this afternoon.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds on the Water Chestnut Mat – Aug 15, 2016
- Summer Birds in Morris and Somerset – Aug. 8, 2016
- Common Gallinules, Little Blue Heron – July 15, 2016
- Red-headed Woodpeckers – July 6, 2016
- Pine Siskin and Red-breasted Nuthatches – June 30, 2016
- Yellow-throated Warbler, other bird notes – June 22, 2016
- Sunday Bird Notes and a Geography Lesson – June 12, 2016
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr