As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Bird migration as September ends – Sep. 30, 2018
- September Birds, Autumnal Equinox – Sep. 22, 2018
- Cory’s Shearwater in Madison (Aug. 1, not since) – Aug. 4, 2018
- Birds at Boonton Reservoir – July 15, 2018
- Cliff Swallows; Elegy for a Mute Swan – July 14, 2018
- The White Red-tailed Hawk of Watnong Mountain – May. 4, 2018
- Yellow-throated Warbler Hybrid – Apr. 22, 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr