As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Summer Birds at Deerhaven Lake – July 21, 2017
- Gull-billed Tern, Common Gallinule – June 16, 2017
- Clay-colored Sparrow in Somerset Co. – June 5, 2017
- Prothonotary Warbler, Gulls, Lesser Nighthawk – May 31, 2017
- Prothonotary Warbler, Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park – May 29, 2017
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park Update – May 27, 2017
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park, Somerset County – May 26, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr