As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Little Gull in Somerset County – Apr. 15, 2018
- April Migration; April Nesting – Apr. 14, 2018
- Boonton Reservoir Loonacy – Apr. 6, 2018
- Bird Migration in Earnest – Mar. 30, 2018
- Red-throated Loon, Red-necked Grebes at Boonton Reservoir – Mar. 27, 2018
- Birds After the Storms – Mar. 10, 2018
- Eurasian Wigeon, Tundra Swans – Feb. 25, 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr