As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Raptor Trust Benefit – May 19, 2019
- Black-headed Grosbeak Photos – Apr. 21, 2019
- Black-headed Grosbeak, current range map – Apr. 20, 2019
- Black-headed Grosbeak in Morris Twp. – April 20, 2019
- Anhinga over Great Swamp NWR (April 13 only); the passing of Pete Bacinski – Apr. 14, 2019
- Ross’s Goose in Morris County – Feb. 18-19, 2019
- The 83rd Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr