As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Mid-October Birds – Oct. 14, 2017
- A Dickcissel closes out the summer – Sep. 22, 2017
- Ron Pittaway’s annual Winter Finch Forecast for 2017-18
- Birds, everywhere – Sep. 9, 2019
- White Ibis at Troy Meadows in Morris Co. – Sep. 7, 2017
- Birds and insects in out-of-the-way places – Aug. 31, 2017
- Lark Sparrow in Somerset Co.; migration notes – Aug. 24, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr