As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds at Boonton Reservoir – July 15, 2018
- Cliff Swallows; Elegy for a Mute Swan – July 14, 2018
- The White Red-tailed Hawk of Watnong Mountain – May. 4, 2018
- Yellow-throated Warbler Hybrid – Apr. 22, 2018
- Little Gull in Somerset County – Apr. 15, 2018
- April Migration; April Nesting – Apr. 14, 2018
- Boonton Reservoir Loonacy – Apr. 6, 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr