As the various lines of rain showers marched across Morris and Somerset Counties late this afternoon into the early evening, Jeff Ellerbusch found a singing Dickcissel at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve in Franklin Township. This marks the third consecutive year for this species at this location. Semipalmated Plover and 3 Bank Swallows were at the Preserve, as well.
On the previous evening, May 22, a close Common Gallinule and a distant Virginia Rail were heard from the overlook on Pleasant Plains Road, Great Swamp NWR (Simon Lane, Jonathan Klizas).
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds of the New Year – Jan. 7, 2018
- Pink-footed Goose, Rough-legged Hawks – Dec. 29, 2017
- The 82nd Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2017
- December Birds, Christmas Bird Count Info – Dec. 14, 2017
- 2017 New Jersey Bald Eagle Report – Dec. 2017
- November Birds; Christmas Bird Counts – Nov. 26, 2017
- Scott Weidensaul at The Raptor Trust, Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr