This morning, a Yellow-breasted Chat was on the west side of the meadow in the Washington Valley Rd. section of Patriot’s Path in Morris Township. This is the second Yellow-breasted Chat reported in Morris County in the past few weeks. A White-eyed Vireo was observed at the Whitehead Rd. section of Patriot’s Path, a location in which this species spent the spring and early summer of 2011. Other typical species in the area are Blue-winged and Yellow Warblers, American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, Veery, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Cedar Waxwings, Willow Flycatcher, Field Sparrow, etc.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 85th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2020
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr