While Blue Grosbeak is an annual species in Somerset County, the records for Morris County are sparse, leaning towards the rare end of the frequency spectrum. There are two autumn records from 2011 and some scattered reports from other years but not many that are documented. It is a noteworthy sighting that two are sticking around at the Sparrow Fields of the Tourne. Tom Smith photographed the Blue boy today, May 27. The Buff bird was photographed Saturday, May 25. Both photos are in limited light but they work for documentation.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Eurasian Wigeon at Troy Meadows, came and went – Mar. 23, 2021
- The 85th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2020
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr