While Blue Grosbeak is an annual species in Somerset County, the records for Morris County are sparse, leaning towards the rare end of the frequency spectrum. There are two autumn records from 2011 and some scattered reports from other years but not many that are documented. It is a noteworthy sighting that two are sticking around at the Sparrow Fields of the Tourne. Tom Smith photographed the Blue boy today, May 27. The Buff bird was photographed Saturday, May 25. Both photos are in limited light but they work for documentation.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
- Redheads, and the 2019 NJ Bald Eagle Report – Jan. 16, 2020
- The Emerald Ash Borer and Morris County Parks – Jan. 11, 2020
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr