From Alan Boyd at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve:
Hi Jonathan – There were 3 Dickcissels (2 males, 1 female) visible this morning on and around the wires that go out to the house in the middle of the field.
Someone told me there were Blue Grosbeaks earlier in the day but I didn’t find them. I did have 3 or 4 Grasshopper Sparrows and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo – Alan Boyd
Jamie Glydon found three Acadian Flycatchers this morning at Black River WMA in Chester Township. No Red-headed Woodpeckers were found. Other nesting species were Yellow-throated Vireo, Veery, Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Cory’s Shearwater in Madison (Aug. 1, not since) – Aug. 4, 2018
- Birds at Boonton Reservoir – July 15, 2018
- Cliff Swallows; Elegy for a Mute Swan – July 14, 2018
- The White Red-tailed Hawk of Watnong Mountain – May. 4, 2018
- Yellow-throated Warbler Hybrid – Apr. 22, 2018
- Little Gull in Somerset County – Apr. 15, 2018
- April Migration; April Nesting – Apr. 14, 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr