From Alan Boyd at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve:
Hi Jonathan – There were 3 Dickcissels (2 males, 1 female) visible this morning on and around the wires that go out to the house in the middle of the field.
Someone told me there were Blue Grosbeaks earlier in the day but I didn’t find them. I did have 3 or 4 Grasshopper Sparrows and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo – Alan Boyd
Jamie Glydon found three Acadian Flycatchers this morning at Black River WMA in Chester Township. No Red-headed Woodpeckers were found. Other nesting species were Yellow-throated Vireo, Veery, Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
- Say’s Phoebe at Great Swamp NWR – April 23, 2020
- Redheads, and the 2019 NJ Bald Eagle Report – Jan. 16, 2020
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr