From Alan Boyd at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve:
Hi Jonathan – There were 3 Dickcissels (2 males, 1 female) visible this morning on and around the wires that go out to the house in the middle of the field.
Someone told me there were Blue Grosbeaks earlier in the day but I didn’t find them. I did have 3 or 4 Grasshopper Sparrows and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo – Alan Boyd
Jamie Glydon found three Acadian Flycatchers this morning at Black River WMA in Chester Township. No Red-headed Woodpeckers were found. Other nesting species were Yellow-throated Vireo, Veery, Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- The 83rd Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2018
- The White Red-tailed Hawk of Watnong Mtn.; Woody Guthrie and Greystone – Dec. 9, 2018
- Evening Grosbeaks, Vesper Sparrow, Boonton CBC – Dec. 1, 2018
- The Orange-crowned Warbler of Troy Meadows; Bob Perkins; other news – Nov. 3, 2018
- Bird migration as September ends – Sep. 30, 2018
- September Birds, Autumnal Equinox – Sep. 22, 2018
- Cory’s Shearwater in Madison (Aug. 1, not since) – Aug. 4, 2018
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr