From Alan Boyd at Negri-Nepote Native Grassland Preserve:
Hi Jonathan – There were 3 Dickcissels (2 males, 1 female) visible this morning on and around the wires that go out to the house in the middle of the field.
Someone told me there were Blue Grosbeaks earlier in the day but I didn’t find them. I did have 3 or 4 Grasshopper Sparrows and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo – Alan Boyd
Jamie Glydon found three Acadian Flycatchers this morning at Black River WMA in Chester Township. No Red-headed Woodpeckers were found. Other nesting species were Yellow-throated Vireo, Veery, Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Birds After the Storms – Mar. 10, 2018
- Eurasian Wigeon, Tundra Swans – Feb. 25, 2018
- Tundra Swan Fallout – Feb. 24, 2018
- Greater White-fronted Goose, Eurasian Wigeon in Morris – Feb. 4, 2018
- Snowy Owl and other birds – Jan. 22, 2017
- Birds of the New Year – Jan. 7, 2018
- Pink-footed Goose, Rough-legged Hawks – Dec. 29, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr