The juvenile Yellow-crowned Night-Heron found yesterday in Parsippany by Julie Buechner continues today. It is located at a pond on Jefferson Road near the intersection of Smith Road. It favors the southern end of the pond. It has been seen yesterday near the bridge, on the island at dawn this morning, and on the west shore this afternoon. Dave Harrison reports that it flew to the east shore and out of view at around 5:40 p.m. There is parking in the nearby corporate lots and a foot path that seems to encircle the entire pond.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Eurasian Wigeon at Troy Meadows, came and went – Mar. 23, 2021
- The 85th Boonton Christmas Bird Count Report – 2020
- Nelson’s Sparrow in Parsippany – Oct. 3, 2020
- Red Phalarope at Lake Parsippany; other records of interest – Sep. 26, 2020
- Mourning Warbler Gallery – May 28, 2020
- Vermilion Flycatcher at Troy Meadows, May 26, 2020
- State Parks were overrun on May 2. Stay close to home. Be smart!
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr