From Alan Boyd:
At least 4 Tundra Swans continue today, viewable from The Windlass Restaurant off Nolan’s Point Rd., Lake Hopatcong. The Windlass appears to be closed until 2/14 so it’s a good place to park for now.
Waterfowl at the D&R Towpath, Franklin Twp.: 1,500 Canada Geese, 38 Am. Black Duck, 204 Mallards, 2 No. Pintail, 2 Bufflehead and, 13 Common Mergansers (Jeff Ellerbusch).
From Vicki Schwartz in Hillsborough Twp.:
Really great morning at Ann Van Middlesworth Park, Hillsborough Twp.: 2 Fox Sparrows in a mixed flock of sparrows in the hedgerow behind the backstop, a Hermit Thrush in the brushy area back of the skate park, an Eastern Towhee in the brushy area on the northeast side of the dam, Ravens calling back in the GSA depot, and 3 hawks (Cooper’s, Red-tailed, and Red-shouldered), along with the usual residents.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Black-necked Stilt in Morris Co., – July 28, 2017
- Summer Birds at Deerhaven Lake – July 21, 2017
- Gull-billed Tern, Common Gallinule – June 16, 2017
- Clay-colored Sparrow in Somerset Co. – June 5, 2017
- Prothonotary Warbler, Gulls, Lesser Nighthawk – May 31, 2017
- Prothonotary Warbler, Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park – May 29, 2017
- Lesser Nighthawk at Lord Stirling Park Update – May 27, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr