From Alan Boyd:
At least 4 Tundra Swans continue today, viewable from The Windlass Restaurant off Nolan’s Point Rd., Lake Hopatcong. The Windlass appears to be closed until 2/14 so it’s a good place to park for now.
Waterfowl at the D&R Towpath, Franklin Twp.: 1,500 Canada Geese, 38 Am. Black Duck, 204 Mallards, 2 No. Pintail, 2 Bufflehead and, 13 Common Mergansers (Jeff Ellerbusch).
From Vicki Schwartz in Hillsborough Twp.:
Really great morning at Ann Van Middlesworth Park, Hillsborough Twp.: 2 Fox Sparrows in a mixed flock of sparrows in the hedgerow behind the backstop, a Hermit Thrush in the brushy area back of the skate park, an Eastern Towhee in the brushy area on the northeast side of the dam, Ravens calling back in the GSA depot, and 3 hawks (Cooper’s, Red-tailed, and Red-shouldered), along with the usual residents.
mocosocoBirds on TwitterMy Tweets
- Mid-October Birds – Oct. 14, 2017
- A Dickcissel closes out the summer – Sep. 22, 2017
- Ron Pittaway’s annual Winter Finch Forecast for 2017-18
- Birds, everywhere – Sep. 9, 2019
- White Ibis at Troy Meadows in Morris Co. – Sep. 7, 2017
- Birds and insects in out-of-the-way places – Aug. 31, 2017
- Lark Sparrow in Somerset Co.; migration notes – Aug. 24, 2017
Search the archives
mocosocoBirds Gallery on Flickr